8.18.2011

Problems

Yeah, problems...everyone has them, but the funny little thing about life is this; almost everyone seems to think that they're the only ones with problems, or that their problems are greater than yours. You know exactly what I'm talking about! The friend who just complains about their lives to you, and expects you to listen every single time. It's okay if you don't pay attention, I do the same thing! It's really easy to do actually, just make sure you listen to every other word, or the last couple sentences. What will you do while you're NOT paying attention? The sky is your limit children! If you're someone imaginative (such as myself), then all you have to do is imagine you're somewhere more amazing than where you are at that moment. It could be a world of gumdrops, and sunshine! Where the sky is touchable, and it feels great! Or it could just be that same spot, minus the person talking to you at the moment. Usually, what I do, I simply start doing something else, if I really don't like that person. "Oh, I have this art ... thing I really have to get to", or I don't even SAY anything, I just start DOING something. AVOID EYE CONTACT. If you look into their eyes, they'll think you care about their problems. I have problems with keeping eye contact in the first place, even if I care immensely for that person...so this is a conundrum for me anyway.

One day, I strive to help people with their problems (psychology/art therapy), the only difference is ...I'll be getting paid. It sounds terrible, I know. I actually do care a lot about people, and will always put down my life, for the sake of someone else. It's amazing the lengths I go through, just to see someone smile or laugh. The depressing thing about getting older, is it get's more difficult to achieve this "simple", goal. Thank goodness I have a natural gift with knowing what makes someone feel happy. So when this day comes, I'll help someone with their problems, and they'll  not remember the things I said to them. You're probably thinking "well that's a terrible thing..." I don't think so, because they'll remember how I made them feel, and hopefully I made them feel great about themselves, and they'll have a brighter outlook on their life, and hopefully touch the lives of those around them. If I can JUST do that, I'll change the world one day, through some small, butterfly effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment