8.30.2011

Cereal

Today at school, we had to give a speech about if we were cereal, what kind of cereal we would be. I had a difficult time thinking of a cereal, considering all cereal to me is boring...of course I have exceptions. I picked frosted mini wheats, because you would think that the cereal is plain and boring, till you hit the frosting! Then it's a SHA-BAMMY right inside your mouth, just exploding with it's sugary awesomeness. When you don't think it could possibly get any better, it doesn't. You begin to notice that the flavor is the same boring square that you once knew, once upon a time. The rush of that memory is simply depressing to you, because it's now a reality in your mouth. While you have all these thoughts and emotions within yourself arguing with one another, you know that you should have trusted your instincts with this cereal. I related this cereal to myself, saying how I'm an individual that people usually steer away from, then the sweetness of my kindness hits them, and it's so amazing. Finally, they hit the rough side, the gross parts of my personality...and they know they should have trusted their instincts. I was so nervous that I made it sound way more depressing than I just described it...I even said that I didn't really care about people, and because of that one phrase, my friends ignored me for the day. I'm used to that though, despite all the things I've done for them, because of one thing I've said...they shut me out, as they shut down. When looking back at this experience, I should have went with my first cereal...my favorite cereal, cheerios. The description is within the very word, so I don't have to explain, you just have to think about it. That's just how life is though...you sometimes say things differently, than you should. Maybe you even view yourself in a black and white mirror, whatever it is...life will always be different; I just wish people could be a little different. So do something different! Be different, think differently, if you're looking for something new! If you tired, then go for a run! If you're bored, go entertain someone. Just DO SOMETHING. I did something different today, and that's waking up at 5:30 a.m., and went for a two mile run (it was more like a dying jog). I actually started last Thursday...but today was different, because I was given the opportunity to watch the sun rise. It was almost like it smiled at me, as it came up...adding frosting to my life, and making my day just a little sweeter.

BEGIN SOMETHING NEW TODAY.

2 comments:

  1. Boo! Cheerios suck and Frosted Mini Wheats trump all!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I'm getting tired of Cheerios actually...it's quite sad, but that hole is filled with Frosted Mini Wheats :D ...too bad I don't have any O.o

    ReplyDelete