10.22.2011

Stranger Boy


Spent my day with a stranger. Looked in his glasses, and my whole life reflected in them...because all I could see was me. It's great to just scream the Wizard of Oz theme song and skip around town, or watch the sunset together...or even falling asleep to an epic movie. I can see why girls do that...but I want to find satisfaction in myself without someone, before throwing myself into a boy's arms. No kisses happened...only hugs...but still. There's something to be said about a girl that can't find peace in herself, unless she's staring into another boy's eyes. When I looked at him, I saw all the men who betrayed me before: my dad, Jacinto, and so many more. So I would hug him, and shut my eyes, trying not to let that all in...not to let it cloud who he is.

It was so exciting to not be the freak for once, or maybe just to be liked for who I am. To be crazy, and love it. Most of all, to not be made fun of. We were similar in the aspect that we are both disliked, because we're so strange. I thank him though, because instead of worrying about my future, I let that all go so I could get to know him; just to spend a day with him. Quirky, and strange as it was...I'm not sure if I want to let that go. Am I dumb for wanting that everyday, or smart for understanding that it's important to concentrate on what's going on for my future's sake. There are wounds that I know aren't yet gone...and I'm teary-eyed now, thinking about all of them. Some of them are tears of sadness, because I'm so broken. Some of them are tears of joy, because I ignored my problems, even if it was just for a day.


BEGIN SOMETHING NEW TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment