10.17.2011

Peace

People could go their entire lives confusing peace and happiness. Then again...they get confused on what peace really is. What is peace? Is it a world where it's still, because there isn't war and anger? A home without yelling, or contention? A quiet room with no one around, and even your heart beat can be heard? I don't think any of these things can truly bring peace, and maybe this doesn't ring true at all...and maybe even happiness is really at the bottom of a wine bottle, but I will account of things that I think I know. Yes, silence can bring peace, in a way. As a sunset can bring smiles, and peace of mind. To me, true peace lays in the mind. It's the day when you can feel that you have won the war over yourself. When you know that you love, and not only tolerate...but appreciate yourself. There's a sweet and tender bliss that comes with the acknowledgment that you mean something, and this something is greater than you can even comprehend. The reason why you mean so much, is because you're a being, created through great purpose, with the capability of divine thought,. We live in a wasteful world, that teaches us to hate, and to dread each day. Why does it have to be this way? Why is it popular to be miserable? I've often wondered this, because I don't even understand the phrase "misery loves company". Because, I don't like people being miserable with me. Yes, I get angry, and yell at people...but when I'm truly in a state, where my heart is broken beyond repair, it's then when I want to be alone, because I understand it's something that shouldn't be shared. Anger wins my heart, each and every day...and I'm finally admitting to that, and I'm frantically searching for a change. A change of heart, so that one day I'll maybe live in happiness, through peace. Peace of mind, peace of heart, and the understanding that today new...and open for change.

BEGIN SOMETHING NEW TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment